DNA Structure Tutorial
This updated version
may work either with Jmol Java applet or with non-Java JSmol; you may choose at the home page.
Also available in other languages:
- Using Chrome, Opera or Edge browsers, only the JSmol (non-Java) version works, and it will be enabled by default.
- Using Firefox or Safari, the JSmol (non-Java) version works well, although performance will be somewhat better if you install Java, enable it in the browser and choose the Java modality of this site.
- Internet Explorer has a
poor performance with the JSmol (non-Java) modality; it is advisable to either use another browser or choose the Java modality.
- Tablets and smartphones (both Android and iOS-based) are usually not capable of running Java, so your only choice is the JSmol version (which will be automatically selected for those devices).
- Help on how to install and enable Java in your browser, and other related information: Installing and enabling Java - a document in the Proteopedia website (main author: Eric Martz)
- Java is free software that can be installed from the Oracle Java website.